Sunday, July 8, 2012

Defanging The Atheist Tiger - Lecture Series



Defanging The Atheist Tiger - Volume One - Audio Lectures by Father Thomas Hopko - The Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia
Written Observation by Fr Symeon Elias  - The Autocephalous Ukrainian Orthodox Church in the U.S.A.
 "Yet, in holding scientific research and discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific-technological elite." President Dwight Eisenhower's Farewell Address to the Nation, Jan. 17, 1961.

I would like to say before I begin that Father Thomas Hopko has forgotten more Orthodox Sacred Theology, Church History and Patristics than I will ever know. But, I was intrigued by the fact that in retirement, the Dean Emeritus of Saint Vladimirs Orthodox Seminary would be interested in studying the natural sciences and taking a new look at Darwinism and Science as to how it relates to Christianity. I thought that rather than just listen to the lectures that I would write companion observations, since this area has been an interest of mine for many decades.

















No comments:

Post a Comment